Tuesday, November 3, 2015

where the sun is always out and you never get old

When we began this summer, I asked the kids about what kinds of classes/camps/activities they'd like. Birdie said if she could pick one thing, she'd want to take an art class. She's just like her momma in that sense. I love all things art and school, and I've especially been into watercolor lately. In August, Birdie's class finally rolled around, and she took a week-long course that taught her all about international art and different techniques for creating unique pieces. I remembered to pack some art supplies for us for vacation for the following week, and when we saw this view from our condo, I think we were both inspired. As of right now, Birdie wants to be an art teacher when she grows up. You know I'm excited about that!

You want to know my happy place? This entire scene:

Our morning inspiration:

My finished product. I think a seagull ran off with Birdie's.