Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Birdie, Birdie, Birdie, can't you see? Sometimes your words just hypnotize me.


Here are some of my favorite recent quotes from Birdie. One day I'll turn all of these posts into a little family book, so I have to write them down, so I won't forget them. 
  • "How will I crunch my food if my teeth fall out?" (She's very concerned about losing her first tooth.)
  • After a week full of fun packed into one Friday with no nap, she gets out of bed and comes to our room at 10:30pm and says, "I’m not really into sleeping." Uh, tell me something I don't know.
  • Singing to herself in the backseat of the car: “If you’re happy and you know it, and you really want a donut.…”
  • "I just like to be by you, momma."
  • Sadly, some of her curls are slowly starting to fall out, and she'll one day have very straight hair. I was talking to her about how I was a little sad that her curls were going away, and she got excited and said, "Then I'll look just like you!" 
  • I was getting ready for a mom's night out, and she was following my every move, picking shoes, clothes, hair, and makeup. She looked at me and said, "Your friends are going to say, 'You look beautiful, Andrea!'" 
I also need to be able to refer back to these sweet words, just in case she doesn't like me when she's a teenager.