5 minutes later...
Thursday, January 31, 2013
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
I'm thinking this is the last year when a mom adds the "and a half" to her baby's age. We sure love this precious girl. This is a little outtake from a bubble bath photoshoot we had yesterday in this gorgeous weather we've been having. I'll post the final pic of both kids soon.
Monday, January 28, 2013
These are from the next morning of our Galveston trip.
Donuts make Winston's beach experience so much more enjoyable.
What a glorious morning it was. It's no crystal clear, blue water from the tropics, but you won't hear me complain about this!
Maybe next time he'll stand with us for a picture...instead of high-tailing it back to the blanket.
Baby (beach) steps.
Friday, January 18, 2013
I'm finally posting pictures from our weekend trip to Galveston last November. Birdie loves to run in and out of the waves and up and down the shoreline.
Winston pretty much asks to go home the whole time.
She was wet and cold and cranky after we were done playing in the water, so I literally gave her the dress off my back.
Sometimes friends ask me what we do all day. This is a good example. We go exploring in the yard and neighborhood a lot, and sometimes we get lucky enough to find things like this little dude.
Birdie decided he was hungry, so she tried to feed him a leaf (without ever having to get too close to him...obviously).
Then she thought it would be funny to share her juice box.
Winston is the very hungry boy.
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Here are some of my favorite recent quotes from Birdie. One day I'll turn all of these posts into a little family book, so I have to write them down, so I won't forget them.
- "How will I crunch my food if my teeth fall out?" (She's very concerned about losing her first tooth.)
- After a week full of fun packed into one Friday with no nap, she gets out of bed and comes to our room at 10:30pm and says, "I’m not really into sleeping." Uh, tell me something I don't know.
- Singing to herself in the backseat of the car: “If you’re happy and you know it, and you really want a donut.…”
- "I just like to be by you, momma."
- Sadly, some of her curls are slowly starting to fall out, and she'll one day have very straight hair. I was talking to her about how I was a little sad that her curls were going away, and she got excited and said, "Then I'll look just like you!"
- I was getting ready for a mom's night out, and she was following my every move, picking shoes, clothes, hair, and makeup. She looked at me and said, "Your friends are going to say, 'You look beautiful, Andrea!'"
I also need to be able to refer back to these sweet words, just in case she doesn't like me when she's a teenager.
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Sunday, January 13, 2013
This was their big Christmas present. So far, neither kid really gets the steering part, so it works well to turn the wheel and just let 'em ride around and around the cul-de-sac.
Saturday, January 12, 2013
I realized that I never posted our fireworks pictures from July 4th, so here are some from then along with our New Year's fireworks. And yes, I'm that cheap that we used the leftovers from July instead of buying more. What? It was buy one, get one free, which--in my brain--means, "buy one holiday, get the next one six months later for free."
Sunday, January 6, 2013
This little Christmas princess had quite a morning of presents and wardrobe changes.
That's the only bad thing about learning to read...it slows you down when opening presents.
A bit skeptical of the non-princess-dress-shaped box:
Thursday, January 3, 2013
Winston had such a fun Christmas morning. There were too many cute pics to choose just a few, so I thought I'd share everyone's Christmas individually.
This might be the cutest kid ever. His eyes are such a pretty color. They're kind of light brown, and in the light, they look a little bit golden. In this picture, it even looks like he has a little bit of a cleft. He might be my kid, after all.
We go to the "princess store," (the Disney store) about once a week at the mall. Winston's favorite toys to look at are Lotso Huggin' Bear and Buzz Lightyear. He's very excited about both.
This one kind of cracks me up, because they have the same eyebrows arched.
He also got a set of trucks. He's at the age when he loves everything with wheels.
He sleeps with Lotso every night now.
He found an apple in his stocking. It's funny how an apple becomes so much more appetizing if it comes from a Christmas stocking.