Tuesday, November 23, 2010

a baby no more

When writing this blog, it's always hard to decide how much information to share about our lives. For example, will Birdie want the Internet to know about her potty training? Don't know, but I probably won't share those kind of (often gross) details.

Well, we hit a big milestone this weekend, and I want to share--partially because this is the closest thing I have to a baby journal, and I want Birdie to know how much I love her when she's old enough to read it. 

So, as of Saturday, my sweet baby is officially weaned. I had always intended to let her self-wean, but even after a year and after she was able to eat all kinds of food, she was showing no signs of slowing down. So, after I became pregnant again, I knew I needed to start the process. I know there are plenty of women out there who "tandem breastfeed," but that makes me exhausted just thinking about it. It's been a slow process, but she and I are finally done with that. She's not my baby anymore and is now a "big girl." It will be nice to have a break for 20 weeks, but it still makes me a little sad.

This is Birdie at 3 days old. I tried to find a pic that looked similar to Bunny's ultrasound to compare. Pretty close.