Thursday, November 11, 2010

almost halfway

Ok, so Bakebaby the Second is already receiving #2 treatment. If you haven't noticed, I'm a tiny bit obsessed with my Bird and haven't really devoted much time to BtS. So, I thought if I start posting before the halfway point, he or she will forgive me. So here's a quick pic and baby updates. Enjoy!

My belly has officially "popped," and it looks huge to me when I look down at it. However, when I look at this picture, it really doesn't look that big at all, and I think most strangers wouldn't even guess that I'm preggers.

Nickname for BtS: Bunny (David read the book Oil! recently and the siblings were Bertie and Bunny)
Food cravings: Cereal--the same as with Birdie. With her I ate boxes of Raisin Bran Crunch and this time it's Frosted Mini Wheats with Frosted Flakes on top (that's not a pregnancy thing; I've always mixed cereals--long story).
Weight gain: 12 pounds. Yikes! That seems like so much, but I'm so busy that I haven't even had a chance to compare that with last time.
Baby movement: I feel the baby move all the time, and David has been able to feel kicks for a couple of weeks. I know that's definitely a month ahead of last time.
Names: Not that we'd tell, of course :), but we still haven't decided. Birdie was named by week 8.
Girl or Boy: We're not going to find out again, but with my 20-week ultrasound next week, it's so tempting! Just like the first time, I keep going back and forth on what I think it is. Today? Girl.
Symptoms: Tired, just like I was with B. But, when Birdie has a decent night's sleep, it helps. I just miss the luxury of taking naps when I wanted. Otherwise, I feel great, and most of the time I don't even feel pregnant.