Thursday, September 30, 2010

sweet little ragamuffin


Birdie and I had just finished eating a popsicle together.
Sorry, Stacy. This onesie might be stained!

So, I haven't posted much new info about my Bird lately. She is, like Mary Poppins, practically perfect in every way. She is more of a joy every day. She is just learning how to run, and it's so cute to see her run towards the front door or the car when she sees Daddy come home. Other things she's doing lately:
-She's learned to feed herself with a spoon.
-I'm fairly certain she's right-handed.
-She has zero fear of strangers, and will (literally) sit on the laps of strangers at restaurants, if they'll let her.
-She is always on the go. She'll barely sit still for three minutes to eat.
-She's a little string bean and hasn't gained an ounce in two months. Hmmm...she started walking two months ago.
-Good news for us, she loves babies and loves to look at them. She can say "baby" very well.
-She gives sweet kisses to me all day long. She's started doing the "mmm-wah" sound when she kisses me or her baby dolls.
-She still loves to dance.
-She cries when I take a shower and always wants to come in there with me.
-We share a bowl of cereal and watch Micky Mouse Clubhouse together every morning when she gets up between 7 and 7:30.
-We spend hours outside every day. It's finally cool enough in the morning that I can keep her in her jammies for our morning walk around the lake. 
-We read countless books every day.
-She is finally transitioning to one nap a day, for real this time.
-She goes down very easily at night and puts herself to sleep. But, and this is a big but, she still wakes up every two hours.
That's all my pregnancy brain will let me think of. She's a doll, and we love every second with this sweet little ragamuffin.