Here are 10 things you may not know about my Birdie B.
10. She weighs 20 pounds.
9. She still rides facing backwards in the car. If she is really tired, she can take a little nap in the car--but only if no one is in the backseat. Even if she is as tired as she can possibly get, she will not go to sleep in the car if someone is back there with her. She will just cry until you hold her.
8. She's a girly-girl and loves to walk around the house with a purse on her arm.
7. At the same time, she's a pretty tough cookie and is just as tough as the boys. She has a skinned knee and loves to play in the dirt.
6. She loves to say "bye" and close the door to her room. Then she opens the door and waves with a look on her face that says, "I fooled you! I'm really still here!"
5. She's never had a cold.
4. She had a reaction to her MMR shot, which included a 103 fever for 5 days and a rash for 5 days after that.
3. She laughs when asked, and it's pretty much the cutest thing ever.
2. She does not like grits. Must be her Yankee blood.
So here it is...the big reveal. The #1 thing you may not know about B:
One of our good friends from Massachusetts made this onesie for Birdie. It says "Mini Nascar Super Fan." Heather is the queen of the Nascar Super Fan costume at any and all costume parties--the denim jacket is the best part. Anyway, Birdie loves her onesie, but I can't convince her to wear the bandana. Thanks, Heather!!
I can't believe David and I are 32 this year. We started dating when we were 16, so we've now been together just as long as we've been apart. As usual, David spoiled me with gifts and time for myself for my birthday last week. Here are two of my baby pictures to compare with Birdie. I can't decide if we look alike or if we just both look like babies.
This was my rocking chair when I was little. I plan on repainting it and putting Birdie's name on it. I've had it in the living room next to her toys for a while, even though she's too little to use it...or that's what I thought. Today, out of the blue, she climbed up into it, turned around, and started rocking. Pretty cool.