Friday, December 11, 2009

delinquent blogging

Sorry I have had so few posts lately. Birdie and I are deep into our sleep training, and it keeps me pretty busy. Despite my best efforts, she usually only sleeps for 30 minutes at a time. But, since her naps are so short, she gets tired very quickly and is ready for the next nap an hour and a half later. Then, it typically takes 15 minutes to get her to sleep for the nap. Throw in a trip to the grocery store and a load of laundry here and there, and I have no time to do anything. Since we've started training, she is SO much better about going to sleep for both naps and bedtime. However, she's still waking up about 10 times a night. My brain is pretty much mush right now. I really don't want to sound like I'm complaining, because she is such a joy--I'm just in awe at the women who can work and raise a baby at the same time.

Anyway, we just came back from her 4-month checkup. She is 87th percentile in height, 80th in weight, and 50th in head circumference. She didn't even cry with the first shot and only whimpered a little at the second one. This girl is tough.

I am going to take some Christmas pictures this weekend, so check back Monday for those. Happy weekend!

Here's a picture to get you through the weekend.
Can you tell she likes to splash in the bathtub? That's water in mid-air in the bottom right.