Thursday, October 1, 2009

my big girl

Birdie is definitely a morning person, but when she woke up this morning she was as happy as a lark, cooing, talking, and laughing to the toy in her crib. She doesn't always wake up cranky, but she's usually unhappy until I pick her up. It was such a joy to watch her smile and laugh to herself.

Two weeks ago she started really batting at and talking to her toys. Last week she was able to grab and hold onto the toy I put in her crib sometimes (she can roll to one side, and I'm trying to encourage her to learn to roll to the other--there's a video of her grabbing the toy for the first time). Now, she can grab the toy that plays music in her chair. I heard the little "meow," and I turned and looked. Sure enough, she was pulling on the ring that plays sounds and music.