Wednesday, August 12, 2009

adventures in cloth diapering

Birdie’s umbilical cord stump finally came off yesterday, so I thought it would be a good time to start using our cloth diapers. I figure it will take a while to perfect, and it took a few minutes, but I was pretty proud of my first attempt. After about 60 seconds of a beautifully clean and clothed baby, I heard a strange noise followed by the unmistakable sound of a diaper explosion. Oh, well. But, despite her best effort, I’m sticking with it, and we’re trying them again today. Oh, and that strange noise I heard right before the dirty diaper? That was Birdie. Laughing at me.

Here's my little Bird in the moby wrap the Fortenberry family sent us. Sometimes it's the only thing that can get her to sleep for a nap. Thank you Forts!
Here's my future ivy league baby. Thank you Aunt Kristi and Aunt Katherine!